Breast augmentation surgery improves breast size and shape and one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures. Established plastic surgery practices offer various alternatives to help women meet their breast enhancement goals safely and effectively. Breast implant surgery is performed using saline and silicon gel implants. Fat transfer makes use of person’s own fat for breast enhancement. Regardless of the procedure chosen, there are some important things to consider before you undergo breast augmentation surgery to enjoy optimal results:
• Is the plastic surgery practice the right one: Do some detailed research to see if the plastic surgery practice you are considering is appropriate. Check out patient feedback to know if others had a good experience there.
• Does the plastic surgeon in charge have enough skills and experience in the field: See if the plastic surgeon has the skills and expertise in the chosen method and if he or she has a good track record. Make sure you are offered a personalized treatment plan. Checking out before and after photos will tell you about the surgeon’s skill – but don’t expect cookie-cutter results.
• Am I the right candidate: Make sure the surgeon evaluates you thoroughly to determine your candidature for the surgery.
• Is the surgical option advised suitable for you: Ask why the option recommended is apt for you. Enquire about the surgical procedure and see if it can meet your goals.
• Is the technique employed safe and effective? Ask your surgeon about the safety of the techniques and technology employed.
• Where is the surgery performed: Enquire about the place of the surgery and see if it offers complete security and privacy. This should not be a concern if you choose an AAAASF-accredited practice.
• What is the type of anesthesia used Ask your surgeon on details about the anesthesia procedure involved. Local anesthesia promotes patient safety.
• What are the risks and complications involved: Know about the risks and complications involved in the surgery.
• How much time is needed for recovery: Be clear about the healing process and understand the average time required as well as restrictions during the period.
• Is there any possibility to enhance the results: Consult with your surgeon to know if any possibility to improve the result. For instance, breast lift surgery can enhance the outcome of breast augmentation.
• Are follow ups ensured: Make sure the plastic surgery practice chosen ensures follow ups till full recovery.
Going by these considerations before undergoing breast augmentation surgery can go a long way in ensuring a safe and comfortable surgical experience.